Painting your home can be an exciting new adventure to explore and discover. No single color scheme will work for everyone. The advice we would like to offer is to figure out what is right for your individual project and particular space. Everyone’s taste is different, which is represented by the style and decor of their homes.
Ever wondered why are colors so important in our lives? Everywhere you go bright brilliant colors can be seen; some jump out at you; while others seem to blend. Colors have a powerful effect on our mind and body. If your looking to set a certain mood or designate a certain purpose for an interior space; be sure to visit our Paint Color Psychology page.
So, get out your color decks; look for comparable examples already in use; and prepare to execute your vivid imagination with “color pickin”. After all, it's your chance to create
There are no rules! But keep in mind a few general ideas when contemplating interior colors.
1. Too many colors can deter the theme and confuse the motif of a space.
2. Think contrast with a blend between the colors in the room. Remember, without contrast our eyes seem to stay busy looking for something to center on. As a result we may lose interest and the room could loses it's appeal.
3. To have the best chance of choosing the right interior colors the first time, narrow your limit of color choices, three colors at most. Picking three colors that go together is most efficient for interior painting.
Pick Three Interior Colors?
1. Pick a color you like and go up the color chart 3-5 shades. Then do the same going down 3-5 shades. These colors should correspond well together.
2. Pick two colors that will work well together. The trim color will be the third color; which can be totally different. Thinking contrast when choosing your trim color seems to work best.
3. Choose two colors that will look good together for the walls; then one accent trim color that will pop when used next to the previous two.
Interior Color Tests
Once you have your three paint color choices chosen, then it's time to get a gallon or two of paint and give it a try on a blank wall. With some imagination and effort you will start to get an idea of what is going to work for you. What will convey the feeling you want to achieve for your space.
Your local painting company should offer this service. Some may charge for this, but you will be assured to have professional looking interior paint job as a result.
If your’re in the Jacksonville, FL area and need help choosing colors for your interior or exterior spaces; contact Pro Color Painting; we are always glad to help! Color choices shouldn't be an obstacle.